CO.VER.FO.P. was born in 1999 and since then its aim has been to:
- achieve the specialization and the qualification of young graduates and holders of a diploma from secondary and tertiary education for their first access, with qualified duties, in the productive activity;
- accomplish the retraining, the conversion and the improvement of the self-employed and employees’ professional skills;
- prevent young and adult unemployment;
- reintegrate long-term unemployed and people at risk of social exclusion;
- increase the participation and strengthen the position of women in the labor market;
- accomplish local, national and transnational projects devoted to supporting economic and social cohesion.
The Consortium consists of 18 employees, about 40-60 collaborators and 4 consultants; it is, for the majority, a public capital consortium and its partners are:
The City of Vercelli, the Trade Association of Vercelli and Valsesia, the Association of Merchants and Shopkeepers (Ascom), the National Confederation of Crafts and Small and Medium Enterprise ( CNA), the Foundation Savings Bank of Vercelli, the Chamber of Commerce of Vercelli, the Craftsmen Labor Union, the Borgogna School, the Confederation of Operators in Commerce and Tourism (Confersercenti) and the Consortium of Commons for the Development of the Province of Vercelli.